Events Search and Views Navigation
UPDATE: 4 MAY 2020: This is very unlikely to proceed but we will have to see what relaxations have been announced by then. If it is possible to organise and there is sufficient interest, we will consider a scaled back event with few if any off-site activities but with lots of quality riverside relaxation in the company of friends with suitable social distancing! Alternatively, we will consider rescheduling in September when restrictions may be fewer and the weather equally pleasant. As the finale of the June event, many members had booked for a show plus dinner at The Mill at Sonning. This will almost certainly be cancelled but the owners of this privately run theatre have asked whether those with bookings would accept credits rather than refunds to help with cash flow. This must be an individual decision. If you have bought tickets for this event please email Jackie at email@example.com to let her know your preference.
UPDATE 18 March 2020.
“Dear TSCC Member,
If you have expressed an interest in joining us on our Thames Cruise and/or the Sonning Mill evening this coming June, please read on:
Current government Coronavirus guidance includes the following sentence: Avoid gatherings with friends and family. Keep in touch using remote technology such as phone, internet, and social media
Our Thames Cruise would clearly be just such a gathering.
In the circumstances we have decided to put on hold all planning for this event.
In the unlikely situation that things improve dramatically by the middle of June and government guidance changes we will be in touch again to see if you are interested to join us on what will then become a Celebration Cruise.
We will keep our fingers crossed but not with any great confidence.
Jackie will be contacting those who booked tickets for Sonning Mill with regard to refunds.
Meantime take care and do let us have any thoughts and feedback.”
Sent on behalf of Mark Marriott
UPDATE: 4 MAY 2020: The due date for balance payments has been delayed until the end of this month. It is likely that the cruise will be cancelled. If it goes ahead but members choose not to go, they will receive credit vouchers. If Viking cancels the cruise, the options will be credit vouchers or cash refunds.
16 March 2020. To all TSCC members who have booked for the Viking Danube cruise
Please see below an extract from a statement from the Chairman of Viking Cruises on the company’s website. This was written before the government’s advice to avoid all non-essential travel:
For those guests whose cruise falls within this window of suspended operations, we are offering the choice of a Future Cruise Voucher valued at 125% of all monies paid to Viking or a refund equal to the amount paid. Guests will have 24 months to use their Future Cruise Voucher to make a new reservation on any river, ocean or expedition cruise. For additional flexibility, if you are unable to use your voucher, we will automatically send you a refund equal to the original amount paid to Viking after the voucher expires. These Future Cruise Vouchers will also be fully transferable.
The good news is that it would be expected that everyone will receive a 125% future cruise voucher, or a full refund if they prefer this.
We will keep you posted.
MarkFind out more »
UPDATE 4 MAY 2020: We are very much hoping that this, or an alternative picnic event, may be possible with suitable social distancing.Find out more »
UPDATE 4 MAY 2020: We expect this to go ahead if that is the wish of the participants nearer the time. We do not have to make any financial commitments until very close to the date so we have ample time to see how the situation develops. There are clearly social distancing issues with coach travel and restaurant meals and this creates some level of uncertainty. But it is a long way off and impossible to foretell what the situation will be and how we may all feel closer to the time.Find out more »
UPDATE 4 MAY 2020: We are currently assuming this will go ahead as planned. They have a large indoor space so, if necessary, with a little organisation, some social distancing could be managed.Find out more »
UPDATE 4 MAY 2020: This event is uncertain because of social distancing issues in a theatre setting. Alternatively we will consider a pre-Christmas event where social distancing could be managed.Find out more »
UPDATE 4 MAY 2020: We expect this event to proceed as planned with air travel the only potential issue.
Please see the attached flyer for our 2021 Autumn Cruise in which you will see that Mark and Jackie have put together what promises to be an excellent and value for money week on the Canal du Midi.Find out more »