TSCC ANNUAL DINNER

Leatherhead Golf Club Kingston Road, Leatherhead, Surrey, United Kingdom

Dear All

We are so pleased that almost 50 TSCC members will be attending our Annual Dinner at Leatherhead Golf Club on Tuesday 6th December.

A couple of important reminders:

1) Annual Raffle – We will be having our usual annual raffle to raise money to help less fortunate youngsters and other deserving Scouting causes. Needless to say we are relying on you to bring the necessary prizes as well as cash to purchase lots of tickets!

2) Photographic Competition – The theme for this year’s competition is “The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee”. The photo can have been taken at any time during the year and does not have to be linked to a TSCC event. It would be great to have a bumper entry, especially since this will be our last such opportunity to celebrate our Queen. Please email your entry as a pdf attachment at the original file size to secretary@tscc.org.uk. Judging will be by popular acclaim on the evening of the dinner and the prize, as ever, is our magnificent glass trophy.

We look forward to receiving your entry and to a festive pre-Christmas Annual Dinner on 6th December.

With thanks for your support and very best regards

Mark

Dear All

Please find attached a flyer for the TSCC Annual Dinner which will take place at Leatherhead Golf Club on Tuesday 6th December.

We do hope you will be joining us for this celebratory pre-Christmas event.

Please note that we must receive your confirmation and payment no later than Monday 21st November.

Many apologies for this relatively short notice.

We look forward to hearing from you and to the pleasure of your company.

With best regards

Mark

TSCC AGM

Ajax Water Activities Centre Cholmley Road, Thames Ditton, Surrey

To All TSCC Members

Notice is hereby given that the Thames Scout Cruising Club will be holding its Annual General Meeting on Sunday 15th January 2023 at Ajax Water Activities Centre, Ditton Reach, Thames Ditton, Surrey KT7 0XB, with arrival at 2.45pm for a 3.00pm start.

Please find attached the following documents:

• AGM Agenda
• Committee Nominations / AGM Motions form
• 2023 Programme of Events
• Directions to the Ajax Sea Scouts Water Activities Centre
• Minutes of the 2022 AGM approved by the Committee and attached for reference.

The accounts for the year ending 31st December 2022 will be forwarded prior to the meeting.

We do hope you will join us for our AGM when, as usual, there will also be the opportunity to chat and catch up with other members over a cup of tea or coffee and some light refreshments.

As ever, we will be relying on all members to bring along a contribution to the nibbles. Committee members will bring sandwiches and other members are requested to bring cakes and / or savouries. All contributions gratefully appreciated but if possible home-made would be fantastic. Tea and coffee will be supplied.

We look forward to seeing you on 15th January

Best Wishes

Mark Marriott
TSCC Secretary

TSCC – WMC – BBC Skittles Match

Hinchley Wood Scout HQ Lynwood Road, Thames Ditton, Surrey, United Kingdom

Dear All

Please find attached details of the annual Byfleet Boat Club, Weybridge Mariners, TSCC skittles match and social get-together which this year it is the turn of the TSCC to organise.

The Hinchley Wood Scout and Guide HQ is a very pleasant venue and we do hope you will come along to participate and support. There is ample parking within the grounds or on the road outside the building.

Please send your confirmation to George and your payment for the buffet to Pauline in the usual way.

On behalf of your Committee, here’s wishing you a happy, healthy 2023.

With very best regards

Mark

Sounds of the 60’s Live

New Victoria Theatre Woking The Ambassadors, The Peacocks Centre, Woking

Dear All

As the date of our Theatre Trip draws closer, we need your payment and menu selections for our pre-theatre meal.

As you will recall, we have negotiated a two course menu (starter and main) for just £17.00 including service.

I attach the menu and would be grateful if you could let us have your selections as soon as possible so that we can pass these to the restaurant.

Please confirm your selections via the key words highlighted in yellow.

Please also transfer the necessary £17.00 per person to the TSCC in the normal way with the reference “Bacaro”.

If you wish to add a glass of wine or a coffee add £5.00. If you wish to add a dessert add £5.00. If you are paying a supplement please let us know what this is for.

As regards parking, we suggest the Victoria Place car park which is accessed via Victoria Way. This is contained within the Peacocks Centre where the theatre is located. If approaching from the M25 take the second of the two car park entrances on Victoria Way and park as near as possible to the exit barrier to minimise queueing when leaving.

Bacaró, the restaurant at which we will be eating, is just a couple of minutes from the theatre. Directions from Jubilee Square outside the Peacocks Centre to the restaurant are attached. The plan is to gather at the restaurant at 5.00pm so we have plenty of time for a leisurely meal and a convivial catch-up.

We look forward to receiving your menu selections and your payment.

Many thanks and best regards.

Mark

Dear All

Firstly, on behalf of all your Committee, here’s wishing you a happy, healthy 2023.

Please find attached details of the TSCC spring theatre trip – this year something a little different – ‘The Sounds of the 60s Live’ hosted by the evergreen Tony Blackburn at the New Victoria Theatre, Woking. This roadshow has now been playing to enthusiastic audiences all around the country for several years and its popularity shows no sign of waning – just like the popularity of the music itself.

If you don’t know the New Victoria, Woking, it is a modern theatre with comfortable seating and plenty of legroom, located inside a shopping mall with plenty of parking.

To confirm your tickets please let Jackie know asap and transfer your payment in the usual way. As you will see from the flyer, seats are limited and we need to finalise numbers and pay for the tickets by 28th January.

If you would also like to join us for a pre-theatre bite to eat please let Jackie know. We will be eating at Bacaro, an Italian restaurant just a few feet from the venue where we have negotiated a two course menu (starter and main) for just £17.00 including service or £22.50 including a drink (beer, wine or soft drink) and a coffee.

We do hope you will join us and look forward to hearing from you.

With very best regards

Mark

Fitting Out Lunch

Glenmore House 6 The Crescent, Surbiton, United Kingdom

(Click on event Name to see Flyer)
Dear All

Please find attached details of the TSCC 2023 Fitting Out Event, this year a fantastic three course Sunday lunch at Glenmore House in Surbiton.

As you will see, to assist with planning, we are requesting your confirmation and a deposit of £10.00 per person by Friday 17th February.

We do hope you will be joining us and look forward to your confirmation.

With best regards

Mark

Visit: Guildford Union Workhouse (The Spike) and Lunch at the Lakeside

Guildford Union Workhouse Warren Road, Guildford, Surrey

CLICK ON EVENT TITLE TO SEE THE FLYER